Frequently Asked Questions

Does it cost me anything to join Embark Feedback?
Not a dime. Embark Feedback is free for anyone to join, yet we do require a valid email address.

How do I become a member?
On the Home page, fill out the Join box and then click Get Started. Follow the instructions that follow to verify your email address. Once complete, you'll be a member of Embark Feedback.

Can I have more than one account?
No. Membership is limited to one account per person. While more than one person from the same household can join, each person must have a unique email address to participate.

How do I update my information?
To change your account information, Login to Embark Feedback and select My Account. Click on Update Details to change your account information.

What if I forget my password?
Click on Login on the Home Page and then click on Request Password. Enter your registered email address and a new password will be sent to you via email. Remember to Login using this new password. You can change this password after you’ve logged in by clicking on My Account and Update Details.

How do I cancel my account?
We'd sure hate to see you go. However, to cancel your account, Login and select My Account. Click on Unsubscribe and your account will be automatically cancelled. Note that all reward points in your account will be lost when you cancel.

What is expected of me as a member of Embark Feedback?
We'll invite you to participate in research projects including online surveys, opinion polls, and online discussion forums. Invitations are sent via email and will contain a unique URL, topic of the study and incentive information. If you wish to participate, click on the link. With every project, we appreciate your honest opinions.

Am I compensated for my time?
Absolutely. We know your time is valuable and promise not to take that for granted. When you complete a survey, you will be rewarded either with points that can be redeemed for free gift cards of your choosing or with coupons for free products. You can't beat free. We've tried.

How do I redeem my points for free gifts?
Login and click on My Rewards. If you have the points required for a reward in your account, click on the reward you'd like. Your points will be instantly redeemed.

How often will I receive a survey invitation?
About once a week. However, we may invite you to complete surveys more often than that if need arises. The more surveys you complete, the more points you earn, and the more gifts you get. Brilliant.

How long will I have to finish a survey?
You'll typically have between 1 to 3 days to finish a survey, yet most can be completed in 15 minutes or less. This information will be provided in every survey invitation. However, survey deadlines may vary based on the type of research study and project needs.

Do I have to complete every survey you send me?
Not at all. We know that you may not have the time to respond to every invitation. If you were invited and do not wish to participate, simply ignore the invitation. Note that we occasionally send reminders to members who have yet to respond to a survey invitation. If you don't want to receive these reminders, simply reply to the email invitation and tell us to you're not interested.

I’m not receiving surveys. Why?
There may be several reasons: 1) After joining Embark Feedback, please make sure to check your email and follow the instructions to verify your email address. Your account will not be activated until your email address has been verified. 2) Our email invitations could be going to your junk mail folder. Please remember to add surveys@embarkfeedback.com to your address book or safe list. 3) We may have the incorrect email on file. Please Login and click on My Account to review and update your account information.

Why is the survey link not working?
If you click on the survey link and you’re unable to launch the survey, please make sure you do not have any pop-up blocker enabled on your browser. If you’re pasting the survey URL into your browser window, please make sure the entire URL has been copied and pasted. If you’re still having problems, please contact support@embarkfeedback.com.

Can you resend me the survey?
If you were invited to complete a survey and it’s still available for you to complete, simply Login and the survey will be waiting for you on the My Surveys page.